SLIDER

A Home Coming~

Friday, December 4, 2009

After many weeks off, settling my own family into our new lives here in Germany... tonight the camera came out to work. Well, it didn't really feel like work, as I was honored to be in attendance at the Home Coming of the 8th Medical Logistics Battalion, and the 64th Veterinary Detachment.
It was amazing! At 11:45pm the air was crisp, with temperatures in the low 30's... but the moral and the enthusiasm was enormously high in the gymnasium on base as families filled the floor to welcome their loved ones home. I stood there in silence, as I imagined how I would feel if it were me. After a long 12 month separation from everything on this earth that I love... how would I be feeling. The tears came, as if I were a part of this big family that I don't even know. Children cheered, parents welled with pride, wives and husbands cried. I loved it!
I thank you Col. and Mrs. Jordan, for asking me to be here and for welcoming me with open arms to my new family and my new home. I will forever be grateful.
Now here are some images from my night~

WELCOME HOME TROOPS!!!!!

11

22

18

14

26

19

21

24

8

1

6

31

4

30

5

3

9

2 comments :

shelia stone said...

i look at those babies and i think ..what they were able to do when the mommy or daddy left..and what they are doing now.

our babies change so much in the amount of time our loved ones are gone. what a great thing you did here deb. the images are so moving. i know what they went through and cant not even imagine how they are feeling to have them home!

Deborah Berard Photography said...

Thank you Shelia... I thought about you a lot tonight. Your time will come my dear friend. Only a few more months and that will be you and Em, waiting for daddy to step off that plane and into your arms. I miss you and think about you often. Hold on girl~ You're almost there~!!!!