SLIDER

Andrew... A Portrait Session

Monday, January 11, 2010

One of the first people to contact me for pictures upon my arrival in Germany was Kate... Mrs. Canfield as she is known on base. She is a beautiful woman with the talent of great conversation which makes one extremely comfortable right away, which was a great thing, because I was nervous! Its always nerve wracking to me when I have to meet a woman who just knows her stuff. And this woman knows her stuff! With over 26 year involvement with the military and a hubby who is not only serving in Afghanistan, but did I mention that he is the Col.??? Ouch!
Her and her son showed up, uniform sparkling new, everything in place and rip roaring ready to go... even though she cheated and hid out in the car from the frigid cold weather (I couldnt blame her) as Andrew and myself braved the cold and snapped away. He was a pro! And I felt it was going to be a great shoot.
While he and I both ran from one location to another I couldn't help but notice one very obvious thing... this was one proud mama!!! Hat in hand, ready to straighten anything that wasn't correct on his uniform, this woman was all smiles as she watched her son, now a man, take his first official images in his new uniform. It was such a pleasure to witness!

I thank you Kate for the opportunity to photograph you very handsome son, and I thank you for your kindness and friendship. It was an amazing meeting and oh-so-fun shoot!

Here is a sneak peek from our afternoon in 12* weather... Andrew, you're the best!

b2

b3

b1

b4

b5

b7

b10

b9

b11

b8