SLIDER

Maternal Beauty~

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Its funny, this military life... I was told when I first married into it that friendships would blossom out of nowhere and will last a lifetime. I had my first taste of this when I moved from Vegas to San Antonio and met two women that I am still to this day very close to. Even with me a half a world apart, we still email and phone each other on a weekly basis.
When I arrived here in Germany, my husband was excited to introduce me to all the people that had been told of my pending arrival. I can remember the day I met Kelly...
I was walking down the hall of the hospital and from 5 doors away I hear this voice yell out "Is that my photographer?" I laughed, she laughed, we became instant friends. I have since been invited to their annual Halloween party, and Thanksgiving dinner. We have talked about personal things that I have only shared with her. And I have been anxiously awaiting the day when I am honored beyond measure to photograph her baby bump~
Today, under a snowy sky, we spent an afternoon making memories that I hope she can cherish a lifetime. The arrival of her first born, a son, and I was there to photograph this beautiful woman.
I thank you Kelly for your fast friendship. For helping a scared military wife feel at home again. I thank you for the gatherings at your home and the personal talks you allowed me to trust you with. Most of all, I thank you for your trust... your trust in my work, my artistry and my guidance to capture beautiful photographs of you this afternoon.
You are amazingly calm, contagiously happy, and I admire you more than words can say.
I hope you find these images as amazing as I have... you are so beautiful~

_______________________________________________________

A little footnote... Mrs. Kellys water broke the day after this shoot. She is now the proud mommy of a beautiful newborn son! I can't wait to meet him~

b1

b2

b5

b11

b6

b8

b13

b15

b10

b9

b7

3 comments :

Addison said...

Great shots...I recognize one of those poses....wink-wink...

Anonymous said...

Deb-
I couldn't wait to see them when you posted it on FB. They are wonderful pictures and she is beautiful! It makes me miss my bump :(
Love ya,
Tracy

shelia stone said...

Beautiful! And I love love love the one "t" shot with the funk of red mixed it.