SLIDER

Devin Harley-Grace... A Photoshoot

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Not often do I shoot newborns, mostly because I understand that taking a photograph is more than clicking the button. It is, I would hope, a connection between the subject matter and you the artist. I have a difficult time with newborns, and I will be the first to admit that (to me) it is extremely difficult photography to do and do right. I know my limits, and I know that this style imagery is not my specialty.
I just can't seem to ever make it click. (no pun intended) Lol!

Every now and again I will photograph children though, and today I had an excited little girl in front of my lens who models, competes in pageants, and walks the runways of some of the areas hottest fashion shows. 
This little one was just rip roaring and ready to go. Ready to go play that was. Surely she didn't want to waste this beautiful day and the acres and acres of wonderland she just now discovered on taking pictures.
Heck, who could blame her? It was a pretty amazing day, and our location (The Historical Cayce Museum Grounds) was pretty amazing as well.

So I snapped as many images as I could of this smart, spunky, opinionated, stylish, and absolutely adorable 4 year old (YES I SAID 4 YEAR OLD) while she ran from one exploration to the other. I just let her play, and kept taking pictures.

It was a great evening...

(I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS FIRST SHOT!!!)
 
dfb1

dfb5

dfb3

dfb4

dfb6

dfb2

dfb7

dfb8

dfb9