SLIDER

Thank you...~

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Is it not the life of an "ARTIST" to strive to make every creation one that will provoke thought, even action? When I take a photograph, I always take it with the thought of "I hope this can stir the emotions of just one soul". But, I take it with the appreciation of the subject that I capture, and the feelings I am filled with... regardless of the outcome.
Every client, every assignment broadens my artistic boarders and pushes me, I can only hope. As 2008 slowly comes to a close, I can't help but think about all that has happened for us here at DB Images in this past year. Its been a hell of a year hasn't it? And over the next few months, we are going to be undergoing some powerful changes.
First off, our new brand (to be announced soon!), then our new website~to showcase our very best work. Then, our direction. With so many "photographers" out there... who out of all of them are true "artists"??? I use that word often. Probably as much as most wedding photographers use the description of "photojournalist". Believe me, there is truly a difference.
Gone are the days of pasty gray and blue backdrops with the family neatly positioned around dad sitting upright (and uptight) on a stool.
And I don't care what anyone says... gone are the days of the bride in white oh-so-carefully seated on the park lawn with her bouquet laying on the train of her dress (who does that anyway?).
Maybe its my style, maybe my personality? But I have never had a client come to me requesting those types of images. In fact, just the opposite.
I get requests for "set" designs... and that is exactly where I'm heading! And it's working!!! With a new ad out in two major arenas, and I'm getting busy.
Becoming more known for my TTD and artistic engagement & bridal shoots, now we are also, finally being noticed in the arena that I love so very much, commercial work.
My pictures are getting noticed... and they are being talked about. That's a great thing!
So, thank you to AARTPACK, Inc. for taking notice of my images although non will be used. Thank you to the Weekly Reader (Gareth Stevens Publishing) for possibly thinking my stock images fit the bill for your new book series.
Thank you also to everyone who have called and emailed me to wish me a quick recovery from my second of five scheduled surgeries since my motorcycle crash, and the strength to get through these next 2 months! I'm doing great so far~