SLIDER

Germany come fall~

Monday, November 2, 2009

The colors of fall... I have not seen the change of seasons in years. Here in Germany the view looks like a canvas painted with vibrant orange, red and yellow hues with only a touch of green showing through as the seasons change and the air grows colder with every passing day.
Each weekend Eric and myself make it a point to drive off to some distant village where we explore the countryside and look for another mom & pop eatery with authentic food from somewhere other than... well, Texas. We have dined on German (surely), and Romanian, Greek and Italian. This weekend we found a quaint little bistro just north of our village. Where the colors were vivid, the people were seasoned, and the food... amazing! We have surely put this one on our list of great places to dine.
On the way home I had Eric stop just off the road, onto a dirt path, where I spent some time admiring the rich colors of fall. Each day the leaves are growing in autum shades and I just had to capture some of that richness.
I'm really starting to love it here...

DSC_0129

DSC_0131

DSC_0130

DSC_0125