SLIDER

Paris Rock the Dress~

Thursday, May 27, 2010

I have spent hours, talking my brides into taking those one of a kind images so politely named... "Rock the Dress". I have painted my brides, poured motor oil over them, had them run through the mud. But to date, I have yet to be able to recreate that amazing image of Ophelia. I know-I know... she is dead. But the haunting image of her floating in the pond, arms stretched towards her side and this peaceful expression on her face. I always longed to do this shot but never had the chance.
Now, it was my turn... and I became so nervous!
Little did I ever imagine that it would be me actually floating in the water one day. I must go into sales in the after life because I know now first hand that its not an easy sell. It surely was not an easy sell to get me to walk into that green moss filled pond in front of the museum atop the hill just overlooking the Eiffel Tower. It was cold, green, and yes... wet. That dress was heavy, and the green moss stuck to it everywhere... but the images captured by Mr. Clayton Austin are unimaginable!!!!! They are just what I had always dreamed of... and the fact that its me lying there makes it even more fabulous!
Thank you Clayton for talking me into that one of a kind shoot! I was so scared, but you made it all SO worth my while! And, I love that Eric also got in that pond with me. Not many grooms would drench a designer suit to get "the shot".
Here is that amazing image... taken by Clayton Austin of Clayton Austin Love Stories.


le-bapteme-blog2

eiffel-tower-blog