SLIDER

Happy Birthday to my everything...

Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Grandmother was a wise woman indeed, often stating to me "Deborah Louise, the years will start to go by much more quickly as you grow older. Quit wishing your days away." She would make this statement after I babbled some bs about how I wished the summer would hurry up and come. Or I wished that school would hurry up and be over.

It seems that surely the years do seem to go by rather quickly as of late. I'm not sure if its the constant moving? Or if its just simply that grind, that daily grind we told ourselves we were never going to fall into?

My husbands and my birthdays are only weeks apart, so as fast as I turned the happy 46, he turned the happy 42 right behind me. Yes ladies, I snagged a younger man. Don't hate. :) Today was his birthday, and since once again I asked "What would you like for your birthday baby?" and once again he replied "Nothing baby, I'm good." I insisted that he buy himself something that he really wants for a change. Something that maybe we can do together as well? So he did... he went and bought himself a new gun. He went to meet with the people at the range this morning and had a great time. I'm next!

Me... I spent the day making him a cake. Not just any old cake mind you. I could have just gone and purchased some Carvel Ice Cream Cake (Which is my absolute favorite btw) or I could have had our local bakery make one. But no... little over achiever me. Little Miss Susie Homemaker just had to go and tackle a fondant cake with a figure on top!!!

I told him that he has been such a good boy this year that I got him a cute little blonde with a huge rack to jump out of a cake for him!!!!

Tee-hee-hee!!!!!

(Side note: This was NO easy task! Now I understand the talent that goes into cake decorating done right!)



ng1

Funfetti Cake... :)

ng1_2

Rolling on Fondant... What a pain in the #*S!!!!!

ng1_4

ng1_5

I'm surely not a professional, but this was a fun surprise to make for my husbands Birthday!

ng1_7

A little stripper glitter on the cake... :)

ng1_9

Even gave her a little butt crack! LOL!

ng1_8