SLIDER

A New Chapter~

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Life moves right along... as I slowly begin to makes steps towards Europe I can't help but feel nostalgic. This was our first home together. This is where he asked me to be his wife. This is where we lost 2 children, where we had 2 litters of puppies, where I began a relationship with my mother again, where I learned how to be am Army Wife, where we started this business, and this is where we planned our future and struggled with the past. I can't imagine leaving here.

Today the final paperwork was signed by me and the ERA For Sale sign went up in our yard. Its real now. Only 11 weeks and counting until I see my husband again and start this new chapter in my life. I am so excited to see Europe. To live in the mountains of Germany and travel to Paris on the weekends. It could be so much worse eh? :)

I sit here in my office and look out the window down onto that red and blue sign. Its been a great 3 years... I'll sure miss it here~

55

2 comments :

shelia stone said...

so bummed that you are leaving...(hopefully I will be right behind you)...but I know how important it is to be with our hubbys!! I am super stoked and a tiny bit jealous that you will living in Germany..that place is goregous!! you are going to love it there!! I am super exicted to see what life brings your way there!!!! i will be praying that move goes smooth! see you soon..shel

clayton Austin said...

Sheesh, you can't leave me! So much still to learn from you! You and eric have been true friends to us deb. I don't think you realize how much of an inspiration you have been to me and how much I have benefited from knowing you. We are going to miss you but hurry up and get settled so we can visit! Love ya my little cougar ;-)