SLIDER

Because sometimes I need to remind myself...

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I was going through some old blog posts tonight, feeling a little nostalgic, and I came across one that I just know God put before me to make me smile (and maybe make some others out there think just a little?) Its a post from back 2009, just prior to when my husband was preparing to leave for Europe, and I wasn't feeling too happy about it. A dear friend made a statement to me that made me really think. Think about life, and just how blessed I am to have such an amazing one indeed! I felt the need to re-post this because... well, it made me smile. And tonight, with all the drama, and all the crap... I needed to smile. In fact, it made me laugh. Laugh out load at how wonderful I really have it, and how sad it is that others make their life so pathetic and complicated needlessly. Below is the original post, and once again I thank you Rosemary for making me think, and to smile! Damn... its good to be me!
_____________________________________________________________________


My life... my fabulous, crazy, impulsive, obsessive, blessed, lovely life.

I was speaking with a friend tonight who said something so profound to me, she said "I read your blog every day and at times I think to myself... I wish I had her life." I found this extremely flattering, since I have always looked at my life as exciting, but nothing that I would go as far as say others wanted to emulate. Ironically this statement comes at a time when I am not feeling particularly special by no means. I have a husband who leaves me until Jan. 2010 in just 72 hours, a business to take care of, two dogs to find good homes for, a house to sell, a car to sell, and a whole lot of issues to handle all one my own.
I guess god knows when we need that little pick me up!

So I went through some old pictures of times in my life. Those wonderful times that I have indeed been so very blessed to have experienced. Such as...

Champion Gymnast who toured with Kurt Thomas (What a great time in my life!)
ESPN Ms. Fitness SW Champion (Ah, to look that fit again!)
Dated country singer Lee Greenwood for 3 years (What the heck is up with that hair???)
Raced Lamborghini's down the coast of So. California with Mario Andretti (That was crazy!)
Was a Las Vegas Showgirl for 2 years (Those headpieces are so heavy!)
Learned to hunt as good as the boys (4 point on the first day of season)
Heli skied in British Columbia (What a rush!)
Performed at Dodger Stadium and was on tv for the first time with Steve Garvey! (Dad was so jealous!)
Became a surgical nurse at 38 and graduated with honors... I like this job much better!
Met the man of my dreams on Match.com and now they use us as a success story! (Featured on CNN and the front page of USA Today as well!)
___________________________________________________


(Started my own company and developed the second Internationally)
(Bought myself my DREAM Mercedes since living in Europe)
(Had my dream wedding in the heart of Paris, France!)
(Took a sweet cruise to the Western Mediterranean)

And the story continues.....
________________________

So... there it is. Me, just me. Crazy me. I was a lot of things before I became a photographer... and since then as well. I think all those amazing experiences have given me the chance to develop my style and attitude where my images are concerned. I thank God for all he has given me!

Thank you Rosemary for reminding me just how great I really do have it! I needed a kick in the ass!!! LOL!

Picture Package

1 comment :

Shelia Stone said...

So true, things come our way as a reminder of who we are and what we value in life. You are such a blessing to others and don't ever question it. I am so thankful you came into my life. And seriously if that hair with Lee Greenwood doesn't crack you up I am not sure what would! LOL! You look a lot like Reba! Miss you.