SLIDER

In Recognition of your Services~

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Being a military wife sure has it challenges, but it has it rewards as well. I have been involved with my husbands unit for about a year now, and within this time I have been asked to serve as our HHD FRG Leader (Family Readiness Group). With this comes more than the responsibility of making sure that information that is carried down the line is given to our families in regards to events, jobs, blood drives, etc...
It also holds the very deep responsibility of being there if one of our soldiers down range should be injured, or killed in the line of duty. It is our responsibility to be there when the families are notified. To be there to comfort, console, and hold their hands while they put their lives back together. It is a position I take very seriously, as it is a very serious position to be in.

The other night, along with numerous other men and women of our unit, I was recognized for my service to our families. I am honored. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else than right here, serving alongside my husband in my own little way.

Thank you Mrs. Katie P., Cpt. Dan D, and Col. Jordan for this award. And, for the awards to our other recipients. We are humbled to be a part of our glorious 212th CSH~

DSC_0006w2

1 comment :

Shelia said...

Awesome! Keep up the great work my friend!