SLIDER

The Black Swan Loft...

Friday, March 23, 2012

Being a military spouse is not an easy deal. I knew these women were tough, but I never knew just how tough until I became one. PCS'ing, TDY's, Deployments... is was all so new to me and it was not an easy adjustment. I spent the last 2 1/2 years in Europe, which for most I assume would be an amazing thing. But it was so hard on me, sitting at home with only 10 channels of tv, 4 ft of snow more months than I care to remember, and sun that only came out from 9am until 4pm 5 months out of the year! Who lives like that??? I couldn't wait to come back to the states and get back to working.

Shortly after we arrived back in the states, my husband came to me with the proposition of retirement. We speak about everything together, and make all family decisions together, so he wanted to know my thoughts. I had all to do to hold my excitement inside. After all, this man has made a life out of being a soldier, and I don't want him to ever make a decision about his career based on me. I'll wait for my day, because when it comes I know that my husband will be just as loyal to my dreams.

And so she was born. What is now affectionately known as The Black Swan Loft. Deborah Berard Photography's new loft studio is just about complete. Minus 2 chandeliers and a little paint. Maybe some odds & ends as well? But all in all I felt she was ready for her reveal. She had been a bachelor pad for 2 years prior to me, and believe me when I tell you that it took about the entire first week of being in there to get the BOY smell to go away! LOL!

But in this moment of excitement, I want to also take this moment to publicly thank my husband Eric for all he has done to help me get this studio ready. From cart roller, to box shredder, to driver, to IT wiz, to banker, to cheerleader... this man can do it all. And I love him so very much! Thank you baby for your belief in me. For backing this dream, and for not yelling at me too much. LOL!
________________________

The dream has consumed me for years. The vision that I was once told by a fellow photographer that "I had given up on." The desire to create something unlike anything Columbia has ever seen in regards to boudoir photography. In this studio my desires is to show women the way back to sexy. To show women that they are amazing creatures, and should be pampered and adored. Where for one complete day she gets to be catered to. No phones, no kids, no job stress... just to be.

Isn't it time you came to be...
Just be...
Beauty. Exposed.




2

3

6

7

Picture Package14

4

5

8

9

10

11

Picture Package12

1 comment :

Jannette said...

Very nice, Deborah. You have every right to be proud! The look is everything you wanted. Good luck...not that you will need it!!