SLIDER

46 really is the new 26. WHAT? You didn't know that?

Monday, May 14, 2012

46 years old. I can remember the day that the age 46 seemed so old and SO far away! Yet here it is, my 46th birthday, right around the corner. No telling what a woman my age will ask for? But ask my husband and he will answer you in one easy sentence... "Make it shoes, botox, or fillers and she is good to go."

Oh goodness, how my husband knows me so well!!! So this year he changed things up a little bit. Instead of waiting until May 30th, I was given my gift early. And instead of it being yet another thing that he claims I simply "Do NOT need..." he bought me something I surely did need; He bought me a new SUV!!!

Yep, kiss that black voodoo, energy sucking, bad memory Mercedes good bye and say hello to my little friend!

My new Volvo XC60 T6 Polestar 354hp Turbo SUV that is!!!

She is beautiful! And only 1 of 3 in all of South Carolina! It was a custom built car for a Volvo client who later went with 2 convertibles instead. So there she sat, begging to be free. Begging to be bad. Begging for me to put her in my garage. So, I did!

In all truth, we have been eye balling new SUV's for some time now. With both brake and transmission issues, along with stupid things that didn't seem normal for a $60K Benz? Like peeling center console, cup holders plastic clip broke and fell into the center console? And buttons that simply do not work. In all, I am very disappointed in the Mercedes product and don't think I will be ever buying one again. It was an amazing experience though... touring the actual plant in Stuttgart, Germany. Placing the order making it completely my own. Braking her in on the Autobahn. But everything after that was just crap. Such a shame...

So I test drove around 9 brands of SUV's from the Nissan Morano to the Land Rover. I was walking past the Volvo when the interior caught my eye. Which made me ask the salesman, who went and got the keys, gave me a fantastic test drive, then told me to take it home for the night. :)
VERY smart move!!! The hubby really liked how it drove and handled. The next day, as promised, it was in our garage. :)

Thank you baby for my new car! I LOVE IT!!! And thank you for trusting ME to negotiate, and make the final deal. I didn't do so bad eh? LOL!


car1b



car2b



car3b