SLIDER

And so we wait...

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Its been going on close to two years now. Multiple Dr.s visits. Countless tests & exams. Yet here we sit, still NO answers?

Yesterday I drove 2 hours, one way, for the fourth time to Georgia for what was supposed to be the results (FINALLY) of the newest rounds of tests. The MRI was to aid the Dr in knowing if we are looking at residual silicone that has now capsulized, or breast cancer. Yet there I sat with a Dr who acted like he would rather be anywhere else than sitting there talking to me, and I was BEYOND frustrated! As he went on and on about this and that... what I really just wanted was a simple answer. What I received was a "Well, the MRI has not been read as of today. I have NO answers for you. But, here is my card. If you don't hear back from me by the end of the week then give me a call and remind me."
WHAT????
Me, call you? And to REMIND you to do your job?

So that was it. I went off... well, I went off as much as I could go off considering I was on a military installation and I had no idea if I could be in major trouble if I caused a scene? Or, if it could cause damage to my husbands career? But I was fuming, and he knew it! My opinion of this Dr. is that he is a jaded Col. who is playing out his time and really could care less about his patients. Prior to his speaking with me I overheard him in the hall with a fellow physician, bashing a Col. wife about her Botox treatments and how he is sick and tired of these spoiled woman and their cosmetic issues. But then why are you a "Cosmetic Surgeon"???
Completely unprofessional!!! I'm sure by the time I left my blood pressure was through the roof!

So, I'm done. I can't take the back and forth or the waiting month after month after month. So today I'm going to call a surgeon in NC who was referred to me months ago by one of my husbands soldiers in Germany. A breast cancer survivor herself who swears by the hands and work of this surgeon. He is renown for his advanced techniques in reconstructive breast surgery, and I hope that he can get me in by the time we come home from a much needed vacation. I went onto his website and scanned through before and after images of patients and I was in tears. His work is amazing!!! He is truly gifted.

I brought home a disk of images from one of the most recent of my mammograms (Last January) and of my MRI.
It's pretty scary. That lump is extremely large.
So here we go again....


photo(5)