SLIDER

Boudoir and a Georgia peach...

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

When a new client phones me about a boudoir session one of the first things I try to do is talk about other things... not that I am trying to talk them out of a shoot (obviously) but I've noticed that if you divert the conversation towards humor first - business second then all of those insecurities and all that apprehension goes right out the window.


Onward to Miss*****.
Today she drove in from Georgia for what she described as "The craziest thing I've done in a very long time." I laughed, not at the statement, but at her brutal honesty. And when I met her face to face I knew we would be instant friends. I love an honest woman. I love when someone is not concerned with what others think of them, and therefore there really is no filter. I'm very much like that myself, and people either love ya or hate ya... but they will always know that you are no hold barred, pull no punches type of woman.


She walked in $20 in hand and headed straight for the "Pity Poo Jar" and dropped it in. She said she wanted to get that part out of the way first. Then proceeded with a laundry list of things that I need to be aware of when I shoot. Things about herself that she didn't care for too much. Things about herself that she would rather not highlight. I gave her 10 minutes to get it all out, then I banned her from speaking of it again. Then off we went....


First 20 frames or so she was stiff as a board and kept asking "Does this look ok? Am I doing this right?" So I did my usual and showed her a couple of frames of herself so she could see what I was seeing. And then it happened. That magic light bulb moment when you watch the woman before you evolve from an unsure client to a newly confident woman. She started laughing more, smiling more. She started to offer poses instead of asking to be shown poses. She dropped her nerves on the floor and let her sexy vixen out!!! And was she ever amazing!!!

We wrapped it up and she gave me a huge hug. And when I went to let go she hugged me again, this time with eyes full of tears. She said that she felt beautiful, and sexy, and ready to go home with a new attitude about herself and her sexiness. And THAT folks is EXACTLY why I love doing boudoir!!!



I think she is pretty darn sexy! And I think her hubby is in for a great night!!!! :)


blog1


tmblog3


fbt1


tmblog5


blog2tm


tmblog8


tmfb6


tmfb8


tmblog7

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday