SLIDER

Locks Of Love... A special hair day!

Friday, April 27, 2012

There are those who talk about doing things, and there are those who DO those things they speak of.  I am blessed that I seem to easily find those who are the doers of the world...

This morning I drove to Cayce to a wonderful salon called Salon 1411 for a very special photo opportunity.  One that you only hear of once in a blue moon... 

My client, whom I now call my friend, was doing such an amazing thing that I just had to go be a part of it and to forever capture the magical feeling that only comes from those who give so willingly and lovingly. 

Her hair, her gorgeous, long, beautifully healthy hair was being cut over 14" all in the name of giving back to those less fortunate. 

http://www.locksoflove.org 
 Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. Please click the link above for further information on this amazing group of people.
 
It was touching beyond words. We all cried a few tears. Not over the loss of hair length, but over the spirit of giving to others. All of us there have felt the pain of illness such as cancer in the lives of our families and friends.

My grandfather, rest his soul, passed from lung cancer years ago. And to watch the pain he went through, and to watch his strength through it all is something that I will never ever forget. He was my everything, and I was robbed the opportunity to spend the remaining days of his life with him because of the selfish and ridiculousness of another family member. And to this day I still have the hardest of times forgiving her for her heavy ego and childish ways.



My grandfather and grandmother are now with God in heaven, and I miss them each and every day. Its days like today that I take a deep breath and smile as I am blessed to know those like Mrs. Shealy who don't just say they are going to make a difference, but they go out and actually do it!!!

Jessica... I am so very proud of you. What you have done today will be the biggest blessing for another life one day very soon. Your love will bring them hope once again at a time when so much seems hopeless.



You are an angel, and I am BEYOND humbled to call you my friend. You came into my life with such a force that I will forever hold a special place solely for you in my spirit.
God Bless You!!! 



1

Her beautiful long hair... 
2

First ponytail ready for the cut...
 3

And it began...
 4

First one complete...
 5

 With a deep breath, and a few tears shed by all, we thought of those who will be blessed by this wonderful gift...
6

And then she started on the other side... 7

This is what true beauty looks like... Jessica and Jenna her stylist. 10

And the styling begins... 11

As she admires her new look...
 12

And a little spray... 
13

Her beautiful new cut... 
14

And here is the hair that is off to "LOCKS OF LOVE..." An amazing spirit is locked inside these strands. Someone very special will one day call this there own.
9