SLIDER

In Recognition Of Your Services...

Tuesday, November 4, 2008


I have never once had a moment over these last few years where I have not, in one form or another, stopped to think of how truly blessed my life is. I have a loving and caring husband, a beautiful home, 3 beautiful children( no "step" in our family), and 3 crazy dogs. Oh, did I mention a business that I am so extremely passionate about I could cry!!!
I have always said that it is my
duty to give back when and where I can. I give because it feeds my soul which fuels my passion, which drives my creativity.... getting me here?
Today I was humbled, as I was honored alongside 29 other San Antonio Veteran community members and business owners, for our service to our city, our communities, or our country. I was thrilled to be among such people as Councilman Philip Cortez, and Sheriff Candidate Amadeo Ortiz to be acknowledged at the 7th Annual Veterans in Business Awards Luncheon held today at the El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel downtown.
My volunteer work with both Operation Homefront (Freedom Walk Coverage), and OpLove ReUnite (Pre-Post deployment portraits) were being recognized... how exciting!
Awards were presented by Master of Ceremonies (Ret.) General Eugene E. Habiger, U.S. Air Force. Guest speaker was Mrs. Vickmark of First Command Financial Services.
We were even read a "Pro
clomation" signed by the Mayor of the City of San Antonio which stated today's date as being named "Veterans in Business Day". It went in alphabetical order... guess whose name was first! LOL!!! :)
Its a shame though, that here I am on the other side of the lens for a change, and my face slightly resembles the elephant man
! (See recent blog why) :)

Can you pick out the "artist" in the group? That's me... in a sea of black and brown suits, I wear plum! Gotta love it!!!

I would like to thank the members of the West San Antonio Chamber of Commerce for my award, along with Mr. Christopher Herring for my nomination. It is a pleasure to work with you!!!

I have the greatest job EVER!


1 comment :

rose said...

Deborah,
Congratulations!!! It was about time someone else recognized how great you are! I could tell right of way that your talent was unique and you love photography with a passion. Get your strength back so you can continue to take fabulous portraits, events, and weddings. This is the first of many more awards to come. In fact, I am sure you already have other awards that you are hiding. Keep up the fabulous work! Love ya! Trinity Wedding Solutions