SLIDER

Signing off~

Monday, September 21, 2009

Midnight, the time turns one last click, and it's midnight. In 8 hours baggage will be here to pick up the first shipment of items... destination, Germany.

Today was spent taking down pictures, drapes, memories. Boxing up souvenirs from the last 4 years while trying real hard not to lose it. I mean, I must have spent the better half of the day choking back the emotions that I am trying so desperately to suppress. That can't be healthy... But the rooms look so sad. Naked. Cold.

I box up the MAC, my disks, my client files dated back 2 years. I can't believe its been 2 years since the launch of DB Images. Now, Dirty Blonde follows as we head to Europe. I have had some wonderful times, growing close to each and every client as I was honored to be asked to photograph some of the most important moments of their lives. I have brides from two years ago coming to me for maternity images. Others come for newborns. Some refer their friends and family for portraits or reunions. Then, there is always the weddings. Oh those weddings... my final comes this Friday as Shanon and Brant tie the knot out at Spring Hill.

My husband arrived home on Thursday and Ive had him working his little butt off ever since. Thank you baby for all your help. I can't believe we have only 9 days left. Now, I write my final blog post from San Antonio. The words won't come easily, my heart is heavy.

Here's to all my ladies and gents who helped make my world so incredible these last two years. Thank you for allowing me into your lives, and capturing all those memories. I am humbled by your belief in my work. Please stay in touch as I will do the same. Thank you to Shelia of Shelia Stone Photography for all your help as my right hand girl. I could never have done it without you. Your friendship means the world to me. Have a great time In Bahrain. And to Clayton... I remember that first day at Starbucks where we became friends. Now... I see this amazing photographer whose style and flair is un-surpassed. I can't wait to see what your future brings. Here's to Paris in 2010!!!

Good bye San Antonio... it's been a great four years~

6 comments :

Mrs. Potter said...

I hope that you enjoy your time in Germany!! You'll be missed.

shelia stone said...

omg...the tears! i told myself I wouldnt cry..i mean for heaven sakes we havent even had our see you later thing yet. i am going to miss you girl! I can not wait to see hear about all your adventures overthere!

Clayton Austin said...

See a there mama! What great friend I have found... ;-)

Deborah Berard Photography said...

Mrs. Potter... that sounds so great! Your wedding was amazing and it was a pleasure to be a part of. Saw your folks at the luncheon, they too enjoyed the images. Take your time and pick some great images for your album. We are here safe and I am ready to get to work!
Deb~

Deborah Berard Photography said...

Oh Shelia~ Its already different without you around. I hope you are doing better. I think of you all the time. Hey, I saw some apple bottom jeans today, again thought of you! He-he~ Call me whenever you need me. Day or night Im here for you my friend. Love you~

Deborah Berard Photography said...

Clayton-Clayton... the room is all ready for you, now get your ass over here! I miss my friend. and I need some PS lessons quick!!! :)
Love ya~