SLIDER

Making new friends~

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Today was a great day! I had my first visitor, and although she couldnt stay long, it was wonderful to meet Jonelle and enjoy her chocolate baking delights!!! Yummy! Chocolates and new friends always makes things better. This woman is the type of person I want to become friends with... happy, funny, children, grounded, and (lucky her) she has great hair. I must find out her secret. :)

Her husband, the chaplain, is out in the field with my husband. I guess that their conversations have led to my being here alone and having a tough go at it so far. So what does Jonelle do when she hears about this? She picks up the phone and calls me. Invites me to her home for conversation and much needed people-to-people time. Unfortunately that morning I awoke with what I thought was the start of the flu. Luckily, the next few days were much better and I was ready to make the attempt to get together again. Today, she shows up, kids in tow, and a big hug.

Thank you Jonelle for taking the time out of your busy day to make me smile. As soon as I get that car I want to come to see you as well. I want to take your children to the purple fields I have fallen in love with and let them dance in fluffy tulle tutus. Dance under the German sun while I snap away images of those beautifully blonde daughters. Then lets take some family pictures for your home. Its my way of giving back... My way of thanking you for taking that first step and reaching out to a lonely Army wife and making this day a whole lot better than the last.

Isnt it wonderful, the efforts people go to to help another human being. I hope she knows how special I already think she is, and I cant wait to know more about her and her family.

Today was a good day~