SLIDER

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Unpacking boxes... this has to be one of the single worst things in the world that comes along with moving. And when half of what you own came on a boat from Europe, and the other half of what you own came from a storage unit in Texas which has not been viewed in almost 3 years, it's difficult to remember not only what all you have... but which box its packed in and why can't you seem to find it?

After setting up, painting, picking out, coordinating, putting together, moving around, hanging up, and anything else one could possibly have to do to make ones house "livable" again. That's what I have spent the better half of 3 months doing now. So the thought of digging up all those twinkling lights and glass balls made me ill. I know... I'm in a beautiful new home that would be amazing to decorate with holly and lights, and animated holiday creatures of the forest. But I just have not been able to make myself get off the couch and get it all done. We don't have children, so when it's just the two of us it makes it so hard to get into the spirit of the holidays. Although, I have managed to keep the hubby out of the loop in the gift department. He doesn't know which gift under the tree is his and which is mine. Too funny!

So, since I have decided to keep things rather small this year, I did do some things which I have not in the past but would like to make a "Berard" Christmas tradition... like our gingerbread house and our stockings for everyone in our family, including the dogs. :)

My Nana used to DO IT UP during the holidays. She was the best at making the entire house look magical. I never knew all the hard work that went into making all that magic happen back then... I wish I would have told her more often how amazing she was and how the holidays just are not the same without her special touches. I miss my Nana & Grandpa so very much during this time of year...

b6

b7

b8

b3

b5

b4

b2