SLIDER

Looks like I've been "Carried" away!

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pets... they are such a HUGE part of our lives. A part of the family, if you will. Our family has 2 dogs. My Tiffany is my baby. She is 13 and blind, but she is the healthiest, most active and loving animal you will ever want to meet. She just knows love, no hate, no anger, no pain... those things have NEVER been a part of her life and it shows in her temperament and disposition. She will do anything to please you and never ever has let me down. She licks my tears, rolls on the floor when I laugh out loud, sits at my feet when I have food, lays by my side when I sleep at night. She has been such a staple in my life that I'm at a loss when I think of the day that will come where she is no longer there wagging her tail and giving me morning kisses. It makes my heart physically ache when I think about it...

I don't want to be out searching for a pet when she passes. That's not the way to go looking for a new family member. I don't want to be full of grief trying to turn some new puppy into my old Tiffany. I want a new dog now, a few years before I would expect Tiffany to leave me. And I want Tiffany and her to know one another. I want the new little one to learn from the best of the best... so with that thought in mind I started getting the itch to go puppy shopping. I mean what is more cute than a fluffy new puppy with a little red bow on sitting under the tree on Christmas morning? So I trolled the internet looking at all things cute, trying to decide exactly what breed I wanted. Is it not funny how I ended up with the exact dog I said I didn't want? Be careful what you wish for, the packaging might be slightly different. LOL!!!

Welcome the newest member of the Berard Family... Miss Carrie Bradshaw!!! She is a hybrid dog Pom/Shitz mix and oh-so-cute!!! She is as smart as a whip, cute as a button, and has the attitude of a true diva! There are so many things about her that are just like my Tiffany that I truly believe that God didn't bring me what I wanted breed wise, but instead he brought me what he knew I would need the most... another loving dog just like my Tiffany is.

There will NEVER be another Tiffany Louise Berard... she came into my life when I had absolutely nothing. We loved each other through sleepless nights, lonely holidays, tear filled break ups, scary thunder storms, sun filled car rides with the top down, nail painting day at the spa, 3 apartments/ 3 boyfriends/ and 2 job changes in 6 years, and a new marriage, 2 litters of puppies, a move to Europe, a move to Texas, a move to South Carolina, and all those other crazy memories I have of her and I together. And when the day comes when God decides he needs her up in doggie heaven I know that I gave her a great life, as she did for me. And I know that she will be with me always, and that she will be able to see me again one day with her new beautiful eyes. And I pray that this new puppy Carrie will be able to love me through the pain of losing one of the best things that ever happened to me...

Welcome to your new home Carrie... You have HUGE shoes to fill!!!!

d

b

c

a