SLIDER

A baby is born to a Navy family...

Thursday, January 29, 2009

bl5


I love my charity work. I mean I TRULY love it!!! I not only have the opportunity to meet the greatest families ever, yea to us military wives! But, I am capturing the arrival home of a soldier after over a year of deployment, or a newborn child before their daddy has even met them. When you think about that... what an honor!

Today I photographed the Davis family, whose daddy is serving at war for the Navy. I have not been given the opportunity to photograph Navy families often. Usually they are Air Force and Army families primarily in San Antonio. It was a fun change up!
Mrs. Davis and family are from Virginia. She came to San Antonio to be close to her parents who live here. They are a blessing to any wife going through the emotions, and the hurdles of giving birth while her husband is off on a tour. Not to mention her other son, a three year old full of energy!
I myself am preparing for my husbands upcoming tour in Korea, and we have no children together. I don't know how these women do it? Wait a minute... sure I do. They are MILITARY WIVES!!!!
Ok, so is everyone tired of hearing me post about my fabulous husband and our military family? Tough!!!! Can't help it when you are so proud... it's a military thing!
Here are a collection of images from our shoot for Operation LoveReunited. Welcome to the world little one! Your daddy just can't wait to meet you!!!
P.S. Katy, I am ordering my own flat daddy! LOL!!!

Tie the yellow ribbon, hang the dog tags, kids in black military boots, your seal... What are "Things that every military family has!"

bl3

Meet the newest member of the family...

bl2


bl4

bl7

bl1

bl6

bl16

bl11

This is SO Norman Rockwell, Navy style...!

bl10

bl14

A big brothers kisses...

bl12

Hurry home daddy... I can't wait for you to meet me!

bl13


8 comments :

Anonymous said...

Deborah,

Thank you so much! You have a fantastic eye and really made us look good. It brought tears to my eyes to see the photos. Thank you for doing this for us. I am so excited to see the other photos. I sent out a mass e-mail telling people to look at your blog and the photos. Your photography and artistic eye have gotten so many compliments. You don't know how much this means to me. Thank you again! Katy Davis

Anonymous said...

Ah Katy... it is my pleasure. One military wife to another, the others just don't get it.
God Bless your new son, I know daddy just can't wait to see him. I hope these images brings you strength on those times we feel weak.
Your disk is on it's way in the morning. Thank you for the honor...
Respectfully
Deborah~

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Deb... take it as a compliment. She is obviously on your site too at times. Who doesnt look at your work, its fabulous! Jealousy, don't you just hate the haters!
Like mom always said, its when they stop talking about you is when you need to worry because you are no longer making an impact!
You go girlie I love you!
Lisa

Deborah Berard Photography said...

Thanks lisa. Its obviously a narcissistic thing?

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb. Just brush it off. Isnt she the 23 yr old who married the 40 something hubby? Someone has some issues! Maybe they are both so into themselves that no one else would want to be with them but them?
You rock girl! I looked an dI have no clue what she is talking about???
Kerry

Deborah Berard Photography said...

WOW! You girls can get ugly eh! Now, now... lets be more mature than her. She is young, with so much to learn. Maybe her daddy can teach her? LOL!
Oh wait, there I go being ugly. Lets drop this now my friends, I know you love me and want to protect me but I got it covered... believe me!