SLIDER

Our New Studio.....!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

From my very first photograph, I realized the importance of lighting and the subject matter. To me, there has always been something very beautiful about "natural" light... that time of the day a photographer calls the Golden Hours. Since I can remember, it has always been all about the light. Then, I go to a convention where I made it a point to focus specifically upon the lighting & posing classes. Then, I went and shot my first ever indoor bridal portrait session, followed by another indoor maternity portrait session. Now, I am hooked! I know that to be the artist I dream of becoming (fierce & fabulous!) I need to not only know, but to offer the capability of a studio surrounding along with location shots.
Next, my husband is off for a year long tour... what are the few things that happen when a husband deploys??? The wife goes back to school, joins a support group, learns to fix the cabinet all by herself, plants a garden (but hires a gardener), has another child, or starts to redecorate the house. So, as I go through the list I figured it all out. I'm still holding out for Germany when the tour of Korea is over... so I will wait on school. Support group, check. I have many things that I will be responsible for fixing all on my own for a year so I am sure to get plenty of practice. The garden is just waiting for spring to be beautiful once again. No babies in our future (we took care of that!)
So, what else is left but to redecorate? So, gone is the boys room and that changes into my new office. And the huge game room becomes my new studio!!!
Hard wood floors, retro furniture, black and white with a hint of lime green punch, and my very own lighting set up for maternity and newborn portraits, and commercial work. Props-props-and more pops! Maybe a few fun bridals as well.
A new advertising campaign, a new shooting partner... since I am losing my second shooter. :( More about Ms. Austin later... :) Lot's of new things happening so stay tuned people, we are getting ready to rock and roll!

Contributors:
Target
Crate & Barrel
Atlas Flooring
Pro back drops




Picture Package