SLIDER

Husband to Deploy...

Saturday, January 24, 2009

prouwife


A change of Presidency, a change of our military direction, a change in our plans to leave to Europe and explore the world together. Things in this life are never certain, and Eric and I could write a book about all the crazy things we have been through in just 3 years. But the one certain thing is that as a military wife, you live by... "it's never certain until you receive your final papers from Uncle Sam himself".
_______

For months, my husband and I have been gearing up for our move to Heidelberg, Germany on a 3 year stay. Instead, my courageous and committed husband comes to me on Monday to tell me my worse fear... "Baby, I'm being deployed". So, how hard am I allowed to cry at this news? None... I am an Army wife, who supports the life she chose to share with a husband that raised his right hand almost 20 years ago to defend his country and the requests of the leader of the free world. Don't kid yourself, I cry... just not while he is around.
I should be grateful becuase he has been home for 3 years since Iraq. And, in the military it is never a question of "IF", it's always a question of "WHEN". So he is leaving me for a year come about this September. And the only good thing I can say is that it is Korea, and not Iraq this time.
______________________________________
So, I am loosing my best friend, my love, my passion, my inspiration, and my second shooter. What the heck am I to do next? I was told by a very wise woman, you will carry on, for "you are
a STRONG-PROUD ARMY WIFE!!!!!!"

So here's to the men and women who sacrifice everyday to keep us all safe and free in this wonderful country. And whether you believe in our governmental system, you are on the fence, or a complete radical... the next time you see a man (or woman) in uniform, stop... and thank him for all they do. Then thank the family sticking by their side no matter what.

A war brought us together... NEVER will it break us apart!!!

I am so very proud of you my love. For the man you are, the character you show me everyday, for your strength when I am weak, your promises always kept, and your dependability which is unmatched. I promise to stay strong... to work hard on my business, to keep this house running like a top, and to give you nothing to worry about except coming, safe and sound, to me.

I love you Eric... with all my heart, I love you!