SLIDER

Photo of the Week~

Monday, February 23, 2009

I am thankful for so many things in my life. Today, I am thankful that I still have the home I love so very much. Life can change in a blink of an eye, and Eric and I have had so many blessings this past year that I, at times, become frightened. Frightened that no one can actually have it this good. I mean I am content, and from the life I lived in Las Vegas... content was never something I thought I would find, until I met my husband. Don't get me wrong, we have our issues just like any other family. A crazy ex-wife, a job that takes my husband away from me for years at a time, 3 dogs that drive me bonkers. But I would never go back to the life I lived before Eric for nothing in the world.
I moved my office after Eric built me my new studio. Because of this I had to have TW come over to install new jacks in the room for DSL and cable (I have to have my tv!). We walked out to the cable box and found this...

DSC_0004w2

DSC_0006w2

I cried... not at the look or the damage, but at the thought that there had been a fire in that box. Ironically enough Mr. fix-it man was just here from, well I wont say until the inspector arrives today, but he was in that box, numerous times. He was in my A/C heating unit as well. Yearly maintenance they call it. It don't like how this looks at all.
This is my fear of when my husband is deployed. How scary indeed! USAA is handling the claim, we are freezing and living on space heaters for now. I see a Hilton in my future. :)

God, thank you for allowing us to keep our home. Again, I am blessed in so many ways!!!