SLIDER

Another Soldier comes home!!!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008



I receive a panic phone call about 7pm last evening... "My husband is coming home from Iraq, can you meet us at the airport at 9:30am for pictures of the arrival?"
I thought about it for all of a 1/2 second and assured her "Yes, Yes indeed I will be
there on this HUGE day!"
I am a proud volunteer f
or OpLove ReUnite... an organization where photographers donate their time and talents to take images of our troops prior to, and upon arrival home from deployment.

I have been there, waiting fo
r the man you love to come back from war. You see, for those who do not know already, my husband Eric and I met on Match.com while he was serving our country in Iraq. We were pen pals for 8 months prior to his arrival back in the states. I have to admit, I am one of those people I used to laugh at when others would say they met online and fell in love. Is it true? YES!!! I am proof positive that it is not only successful, but extremely so!

Back to my story... :)
Mrs. Baker phones me, so I meet her for the first time this morning just before her husband is ready to land. She is beautiful! With two beautiful girls to boot!!! All were just glowing, bouncing off the walls in anticipation, and it was thrilling to be a part of. Us military wives just have this bond we will never be able to explain to others, unless you have been there then you have NO clue! LOL!
Down the terminal walks one soldier, then another, then one of the little ones cries out "There's daddy!!!" They ran so fast to him I could catch anything but the hug at the end of the ramp. Smiles, some tears, and a whole lot of laughter filled the air!!!
Congrats to Major Baker on your
safe return home to America, and most importantly, your family!

Have a GREAT Christmas everyone! What a gift fro
m God!



The first hug for daddy...



Mommy waits for her man...



The family together again!





So much to show daddy...





Is this happiness or what!?!?





Look at those faces!



Best Christmas EVER!





"Come on daddy, we want you home!"



ARMY WIVES ROCK!!!!!



Welcome home!

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah! The photos are GREAT!! I absolutely love them. And thank you so much for doing it for us! What a treat. You are a wonderful lady and so selfless. It was such a pleasure to work with you. You're right... Army wives do rock!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!! They did make me cry and yes Army wives really do rock! Tracy