SLIDER

Life before Photography...

Friday, April 24, 2009

My life... my fabulous, crazy, impulsive, obsessive, blessed, lovely life.

I was speaking with a friend tonight who said something so profound to me, she said "I read your blog every day and at times I think to myself... I wish I had her life." I found this extremely flattering, since I have always looked at my life as exciting, but nothing that I would go as far as say others wanted to emulate. Ironically this statement comes at a time when I am not feeling particularly special by no means. I have a husband who leaves me until Jan. 2010 in just 72 hours, a business to take care of, two dogs to find good homes for, a house to sell, a car to sell, and a whole lots of issues to handle all one my own.
I guess god knows when we need that little pick me up!

So I went through some old pictures of times in my life. Those wonderful times that I have indeed been so very blessed to have experienced. Such as...

Champion Gymnast who toured with Kurt Thomas (What a great time in my life!)
ESPN Ms. Fitness SW Champion (Ah, to look that fit again!)
Dated country singer Lee Greenwood for 3 years (What the heck is up with that hair???)
Raced Lamborghini's down the coast of So. California with Mario Andretti (That was crazy!)
Was a Las Vegas Showgirl for 2 years (Those headpieces are so heavy!)
Learned to hunt as good as the boys (4 point on the first day of season)
Heli skied in British Columbia (What a rush!)
Performed at Dodger Stadium and was on tv for the first time with Steve Garvey! (Dad was so jealous!)
Became a surgical nurse at 38 and graduated with honors... I like this job much better!
Met the man of my dreams on Match.com and now they use us as a success story!

So... there it is. Me, just me. Crazy me. I was a lot of things before I became a photographer. I think all those amazing experiences have given me the chance to develop my style and attitude where my images are concerned. I thank God for all he has given me!

Thank you Rosemary for reminding me just how great I really do have it! I needed a kick in the ass!!! LOL!

Picture Package

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! What a great life! I know you will miss your hubby but it will be nice to live in Germany with him in a few loooooong months after you finish your to do list! It's all for our country. That is what we military wives have to deal with when the whole family serves. Rosemary

shelia stone said...

check you out girl!! what a life so far! Can't wait to follow you on your journey and see what life brings you!! Hands down Mr lee is my fav pic! that hair!!! shel

Deborah Berard Photography said...

OMG!!! That hair! Wait until I see you and show you how it used to look prior to that pic! Crazy woman!!! Lee and I had some really great times! Not many 22 yr. get to go to the grammys and fly on jets! It was insane I tell you! LOL!