SLIDER

A Military Move...

Thursday, April 9, 2009

The skies are grey and gloomy, my heart is heavy and sad. The movers came a day early, actually my hubby did it on purpose so I had no extra time to think about things... smart man!
I watched as the last 3 years of our lives together were packed up into boxes and placed on a truck bound for Germany. I cried, and this time I let him see me, I couldn't help it.
With the days ticking away like a huge stopwatch in my head, I walked into our closet to find hangers on the floor and more space than I could ever want. It looks empty and I hate it!
I can't describe what this feels like. I have never felt anything like this before... its like a break up, but you are still together. You try to prepare for this day by going over it time and time again in your head. It never plays out the way it does in real life. In real life it hurts a lot worse.
To all us military wives going through a move, a deployment, a home coming... we are incredible women are we not? We balance marriage, separation, family, business, our own sanity. I don't know how we do it sometimes?

NO ONE should EVER under estimate our strength! Especially ourselves!

MILITARY WIVES ROCK!!!

b1

b2

f1

b3

bl3

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing and strong woman, Deborah. Keep your head up, keep busy with your amazing business, and start counting down the days till you make the move to join your husband in Germany. Much love!! ~Alissa~

Deborah Berard Photography said...

How are you my friend! Thank you for the pep talk, I sure needed it! Just in time!!! I girl could go crazy thinking about all this. It's only 8 months and its only Germany, things could be worse!
Miss you Alissa!