SLIDER

Pic of the week~

Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday... Ah! Today is the start of my "official" countdown, in my own head. The countdown to lift off and the flight that takes my husband half the world away from me. Can we just go back a day, a week, a year or two? Better yet, move it forward about 8 months. When all the separation and all the hours via Internet and phone is over? Time will go fast, I keep telling myself that as the hour hits 10am and I just watched as Eric drove of to Ft. Sam one final time... late. All because of me so Commander I apologize! :)

So I run to my sanity, my computer. My pictures. I can lose myself in this editing thing and forget all about this world for a moment. On this computer I can write it out, shout it out, cry it out... and it's all ok. Right here its all ok.

In a moment I look out the window and see my neighbor Tracy. She and her husband are off to Wilford Hall for what could be, the birth of their son! I am sad, but others are in a very joyous time. I become happy. I am so very happy for them, I cry. It feels good. I feel better. Yes, I am excited to meet this new little man in their lives! I am thrilled to have been a part of his life even before birth, through friendship and pictures. This... this is what makes it all worth while being a military wife. The friendships that the military family has is truly amazing. We bond quickly, and make lasting-true friendships... and that is priceless to me.

I read the blog of my friend now partner Shelia of Shelia Stone Photography. Her husband just left last week. She had a 3 year old that she has to answer to concerning daddy. I have 3 dogs. I think I have it easier don't you? Besides, I'm looking at 8 months, she is looking at 18. God Bless you Shelia!

Over the weekend, as Eric and I shared breakfast, he opened the carton of strawberries and found this beautiful thing. I thought it a sign (crazy woman!) because it is a couple. A couple of strawberries that grew together as one. One day I will write about the day we moved into this house and the wishbone...

One huge, sturdy, yummy strawberry...

I'm going to be fine.

blog