SLIDER

Jennifer & Matt are Engaged!!!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

After weeks of communicating via emails and phone calls, today I finally met my bride Jennifer and her groom Matthew. They are a stylish couple that hired me from Houston for their August wedding and I couldn't wait for them to arrive!!!
We braved the winds, the Fiesta crowds, the traffic and the detours to find three fabulous spots for their portraits. I couldn't have asked for a more cooperative duo, as they followed me around like a crazy woman playing with my new flash. Learning new techniques that you finally get to try out is the absolute best, having clients who want to play along... priceless!!!

This couple has a very similar story to my husband and I as to how they became a couple. Isn't the Internet world fabulous! Two people who might otherwise never had met, find each other! How exciting! And they really care for one another. Example: Matt has the flu, sicker than a dog last evening, and spend the better half of our shoot sweating with fever (What a trouper you were Matt!!!). Jennifer asked him not once or twice, but multiple times "Are you still ok to do this? Can I do anything for you? Thank you so much baby for still doing this for me."
Now that's love! And it's fabulous!!!

Today is a very sentimental shoot for me, it will be the last one my husband Eric and I shoot together until I meet up with him in Europe next January. I am quite certain that this was my reasoning behind the length of our morning, I just didn't want it to end.
So thank you Jennifer and Matthew for the fantastic morning! I have never captured a sunrise shoot before, now I am hooked! The world is so still, no one around, just me and my new friends...

Enjoy!

d

c

g

h2

b

o

a

< e

l

z

i

s

q

r

p

f

k

j

n

m

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

Love the pics deb! Wednesday play date yay!

shelia stone said...

what a F.U.N session!! I love the different angles and lighting techniques! way cool duuuude! Lol!

Deborah Berard Photography said...

Thanks Shel!!! I am having fun trying our new techniques. You only get better if you play... I mean practice! LOL!!! Can't wait to see you and have a play date with the new lens! SSShhhhhhhh, don't tell Eric! :)
It's my "I'm lonely and need a new toy..." gift to myself!

Deborah Berard Photography said...

Hey Clayton, I knew that was you my friend! Wed. is the date for some fun PS learning! See you then!

Anonymous said...

Deb,
Matt Mcknight here.........I can't tell you how great a time we had with you and Eric saturday!! Im glad we were able to share that significant day with you two! Words cannot be put together to tell you how happy Jennifer and I are with work......dare I call it that?? Its more a labor of love that emulates in everything you do!! I am honest when I tell you that we have probably came back to the blog and looked at these pix over a dozen times now!! I wish you and Eric the best.......tell him to be safe and God bless!! Talk 2 you soon!
Matt

Deborah Berard Photography said...

Matthew... the pleasure was all ours! You two are wonderful together... making me even more excited about your wedding than before! :) It's easy to photograph people in love, real-true-love. Eric said thank you for the honor, he is disappointed that he wont be here.
So happy you love your images!
Until the next time!!!
Deb~

Lynn said...

Hi -

I had to tell you what a fabulous job you did on Matt and Jen's pictures, they give me chills when I look at them. My son is so proud of them, he can't stop talking about them, and rightly so. Oh, and don't forget to add the foot picture of them to your collection of 'feet' pictures. :) I read you had a foot fetish, funny. When I got married I actually had the photographer take my heel off and place my rings and my husbands on the heel, upside down of course and take a picture of them on my shoe. Very nice picture. I got the idea at the Wedding Extravaganza, ugh. Anyway, I wish you all the best.

Thank you for making my son and my future daughter in law so gloriously happy! I'd love to meet you some day.

sincerely,
lynn

Anonymous said...

Deb,
I had to leave you a comment for all the world to see. After years of hating having my pictures done because they just never came out right for some reason. Then we found you! You managed to make a woman that is overly critical of herself and bring to life a beautiful person that even now I see. You captured the love that Matt and I share and it jumps out at anyone looking at these photos. Thank you for that! They truely are ART, that I cant wait to get onto our wall. I am looking forward to all the moments in the years to come that DB will be able to capture! You are amazing at what you do and it shows!!! Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

Hugs to you and Eric!!!
Jenny

Deborah Berard Photography said...

Ah Jenny... I tell women all the time, you are fabulous!!! And I am going to show you exactly how fabulous!!!! The two of you seem like family already, and we only met. I am thrilled beyond belief at how pleased you both are with your images. I can't wait to get you your disk! Isnt true love grand! Can't wait to see you again!
Deb~