SLIDER

TIME TO GO VOTE!!!!!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

I watch the news Internationally... as foreigners fight for their right to vote on the prosperity of their countries. I watch the news locally to see a staggering percentage of registered American voters who do not go to the poles. How insanely spoiled are we? As a country we are a wasteful bunch. We waste our time, our talents, our love... How sad indeed!

So, let's do something about it! Let's put down that "delivered" pizza, and the remote control that commands our 62" HGTV, and get off that designer-plush couch, put on that $200 Ed Hardy T-shirt and $150 Jeans, jump into that gas hungry SUV, and GO VOTE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

No, I am not being hypocritical, I am being real! I am guilty of all those above pleasures and then some. I have people who wash our cars, our dogs, our laundry. People who fetch our groceries and mow our yard. I am by no means a hurting pup... but I do what is right. I give back to my friends, my community, my God.

I thank that man upstairs on a daily basis for everything he has allowed me the pleasure of experiencing. And if I awake every morning with the opportunity to do it all over again... AMEN! So, I say it again people. Get on out there and vote! Help others to make a change. While you are at it, go vote for Mrs. Robyn Jones. City of Cibolos Mayor Candidate. Remember our portrait session? Now, her signs are up ALL OVER CIBOLO!!! That's a DB Images Photo on that sign! :)

Give a little of yourself, to a child, a friend, a stranger... Just watch what you get in return!

WOD_0522w2

2 comments :

shelia stone said...

so true...i might put a gander on that more folks vote for american idol or dancing with the stars than we do for things that really matter.

vote vote vote...

great image by the way!

Deborah Berard Photography said...

Such a true statement shel!!! Is it not sad! Thank God we were born an American Child!
Eric says "Hi" BTW! :)