SLIDER

A new beginning~

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spring... when everything is fresh and new. New beginnings, new loves, new wonders of the world, this is what I love about the season.

Since Eric and I moved into our home here in Texas, we have encountered many-many creatures of the wild. I have seen deer feeding on the grapes I leave by the back fence in the morning, an armadillo who likes to make tracks in my flower bed with his nose during the wee hours of the night. We had, past tense, a 4 foot rattlesnake who lived in our woodpile until I played Annie Oakley and shot him smack in the center of his head one day, sorry PETA! Tarantulas, scorpions, and of course our family of birds who have come back to visit us every year for the past 3 years. They build their nest in the backyard tree... It is a beautiful thing to watch!

Ive been on the look-out for the family to return this year, and today I witnessed the most amazing thing... new eggs! I have never seen the eggs before, only the babies as they pop their little heads up from out of the twigs and leaves. This years nest is huge! Built strong and sturdy right there in our tree once again.

I am by no means a wildlife photographer, but I grabbed the camera, threw on the macro lens and tried not to disturb anything while trying to capture some images of the little green speckled eggs. It was amazing to see! This season it looks like there are 4 eggs in that nest, and in a few weeks there will be 4 beautiful baby birds. I can't wait!

And, although they are a little blurred... here are some shots of Gods little miracles!!!

f

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Too Cool...

me